Welcome and THANK YOU for your interest in the Knit-a-thon for the Salsitz family!

This event will be taking place on June 2nd at the Borger house.
Our home will be open to knit-a-thon knitters and knit-a-thon supporters from 10 AM until 10 PM, so please stop by!

Please read below for more event details.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Knit-a-Thon is THIS SATURDAY!
Things are really starting to shape up.  Knitters from many different parts of Ann Arbor, Vermont, Minnesota and other locations are gearing up for some serious fund-raising knitting.
Tomorrow I'm going yarn shopping for knitted toy yarn and yarn for mini mochi mochi.  I'm searching Ravelry for free patterns.  I might try socks for the first time!  There are so many projects I'd like to try, and I'm excited to be dedicating an entire day to knitting!
Also, tomorrow I'll be making whoopie pies using the recipe from this well known Brooklyn bakery.  I was in Brooklyn this week and I'm not embarrassed to admit that I ate six whoopie pies in one afternoon.  My plan is to have both pumpkin and chocolate for the knit-a-thon.  So come early if you want whoopie pies!
I'm also making a pasta salad for lunch and something for dinner, although I haven't decided on what that will be quite yet.  A friend is bringing gluten free baked goods and I also have the Trader Joe's gluten free brownie mix that I'll throw together.  If you would like to bring food to contribute we will gladly make room for it on the snack table.
I'm still looking for an outdoor event tent, so please e-mail me if you can loan yours out.
While I was in NY, Chris and the boys got the back yard cleaned up and the house sparkling.  The whole family is looking forward to hosting this event.  Hope to see you this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment